Are you looking for good topics to write about? Simply looking for 'most popular blog topics' will not serve your purpose. Instead, blog post ideas should be developed depending upon why and how you intend to get people to read your blog. There are certain essentials that you need to know before you write your next blog post. Crafting a title based on a topic that people want to read about is all your have to do to win this game!
What to blog about?
In the first lesson I discussed how thinking through the brain of your target audience is essential to reach them and to write health articles that become successful. What I did not mention was that the same stuff can provide you the “TOPICS” or “TITLES” about which you should write.
So, if you are planning to discuss the treatment options available for urticaria, “Hives Treatment” can be a very good topic; only you have to twist it a little to make it sound interesting. So, you can go like;
1) 7 way to treat your hives.
2) 5 hives treatments that actually do NOT work.
3) How my doctor treated my hives.
Now watch closely!
Example 01: When you add a number to the title of your health article, you set your reader’s brain to start counting from 01 onwards. This serves as a means of grabbing their attention for a while, which is what makes them click on your health articles.
Example 02: Writing about treatment options that DO NOT WORK is interesting for your reader because such titles give a feeling that your readers will save their time, effort and money if they go through such health articles. So once they have ruled out the ineffective treatments by reading such health articles, they can focus more on effective ones.
Example 03: Titles like “how my doctor treated my hives” are very relatable and a person who is suffering from urticaria might want to learn about others’ experience before going to see a doctor himself. Have you ever observed two patients talking about their illnesses when they are admitted to hospital wards for treatment? What do they talk about mostly? They share their experiences!
So, now you have crafted a title for your health article; well done!
What purpose should the content of your blog articles serve?
It’s at this point that things become trickier!
Let me explain.
Let’s assume you are running an online charity website, which collects money from donors. To spark your donors’ interest and to maintain your relationship with them, you have two options;
OPTION 01: Send them small gifts like pens and keychains etc. to appreciate their efforts.
OPTION 02: Show them the improvements that their money is making to the lives of people they are supporting. This can be done through a blog post that depicts images and introductions of the deprived individuals that are being helped.
What is your donor gonna like?
Of course the 2nd option seems more suitable. But why?
Because, they are able to see the POSITIVE RESULTS of their contribution and this is a very satisfying experience.
Likewise, the person reading your health article blog post is spending time on your page. What for?
For POSITIVE RESULTS!
If your text can make a contribution that provides positive results to your reader, you have won.
But if at any point your reader feels that s/he is not getting the desired results – you have lost your reader!
You have read my article this far, WHY?
Probably, because it is ‘shaping your thoughts to become a successful health articles writer and this is the POSITIVE RESULT that you want to achieve by reading this content.
So, when you start writing your health articles, remember you are doing this to provide POSITIVE RESULTS to your readers. Nothing else!
Now, here comes the million dollar question!
What about the results that YOU want to achieve through your health articles / blog? How can you protect your own interest? How to promote your blog? How to increase blog traffic?
The answer to these questions is multifaceted:
- First, if your health blog visitor starts reading your health articles and spends some time on it, you start getting your reward. The search engine improves your content’s ranking and as a result you start getting more visitors (obviously more potential clients).
- If your health article manages to bring back your website visitors again, chances are they remembered you – an indication that your brand is become famous. Moreover, repeat visitors are more likely to buy from you, i.e. increased conversions.
- If your content manages to convince your readers into signing-up for your newsletter, you are increasing your client base. Your future email marketing campaigns are more likely to yield your desired results.
- If you have managed to provide positive results to your readers, you are in a position to request them to click an affiliate link that you may put on the same page. In this way you can earn a commission if a sale takes place.
- A satisfied reader who gets his/her desired RESULTS is likely to share your content with others; this can increase the exposure of your health articles many folds. Again, more readers – more potential clients.
- If you have an online-store (e-commerce), you blog reader can possibly become a buyer of your products or services.
So, there are numerous ways you can benefit from a blog that provides POSITIVE RESULTS to readers. Some of them are mentioned above, but sky is the limit!
But how do you write a health article or blog post that provides POSITIVE RESULTS to your readers?
For this read lesson THREE.